Even though most investments in energy efficiency pay for themselves many times over, finding the cash to do it isn't always easy. This problem is addressed by rebates provided by energy companies and others, creative mortgage products provided by banks, tax credits provided by state and federal government, and even cash incentives for scrapping (recycling) your old equipment.
- Government rebates for appliances and equipment
- Energy-efficient mortgages and financing
- Tax credits
- Product recycling
- Weatherization Assistance Program for Low-Income Persons
- Low-Income Home EnergyAssistance Program
- Searchable databases of incentives